- Lightning struck and the dagger began to slowly turn red from the hilt up.
- A boom echoed from over the mountains then the ground began to shake.
- She felt her wings for the first time that morning.
- Like everyone else, he learned fire burned, but he never expected it to feel so cold.
- And then I watched the unicorn pierce my father’s heart with his horn.
- You live in a world where magic is muted when it rains.
- The world has been poisoned with magic. Now, nothing can grow naturally. Suddenly, on a grey morning, a small sprout appears outside your protagonist’s home.
- Your protagonist dies young and quickly discovers the afterlife is more than clouds and flames. It’s a whole other world with kingdoms, countries, allies, enemies, and battles. This world is more cutthroat than the one they passed on from.
- A witchy tale from the perspective of the familiar.
- You live in a world where upon your birth you are allotted a certain amount of magic.
Did you find these writing prompts useful? If so, which one is your favourite? Stay tuned here for more prompts.