- Day 261. We found the artifact to stop the apocalypse. No one said it was a child.
- Remember when we were kids and we had to draw what we wanted to be when we grew up? Man, were we all very wrong.
- The zombies were the last thing we should be afraid of. It was what came out when the sun set that should fill us with fear.
- “I never thought that the world ending would be the least of my worries today.”
- “You died.” “So did you, but you don’t see me pointing out the glaring knife wound in your chest.”
- Your protagonist wakes up and finds out the world they thought they were living in their entire life was just a simulation.
- You find a note dated for next week You have seven days to stop the end of the world.
- Earth is dying. You’re an astronaut on a team tasked with searching the far reaches of the galaxy for a livable planet. You find one. It’s livable. But other humans found it first.
- A deadly disease has taken over the world. You’ve been identified as having antibodies to create a cure. You go in for testing and wake up to a voice in your head – “Agent 34061 activated”.
- Millions have died. The government wipes everyone’s memories and no one remembers what happened. But you remember everything. And you know that you must find her before it’s too late.
Did you find these dystopian writing prompts useful? If so, which one is your favourite? If you write anything using any of these prompts we’d love to read it, so please send it our way. Stay tuned here for more prompts.