So, May was a little bit slow on the reading and blogging front for both of us. We both were in some serious reading slumps and therefore a bit of a writing slump. It also gave us some time to take a step back from all the reading and blogging we’ve been doing and see where we want the blog to go.
Our one year anniversary of this blog is coming up this month which is absolutely crazy to think about. In the last year we’ve had so much fun creating this blog. What started as a fun quarantine project has bloomed into something more than we could ever have imagined. We are so grateful for everyone who has read our blog and made it so that we weren’t just writing to ourselves.
We’ve decided that we are going to take a little bit of a break from the blog over the next couple months. We’ll still be posting here and there, but it’ll just be more general posts, tags, lists, and things like that. Just know if we go weeks without making a post, we have not disappeared! We’re just focusing on another book-related project we’ve been thinking of for a while. We’re not quite sure what it’s going to look like yet, but we’re excited to explore this new project! And we hope you’ll like it too!
Once we’ve figured that out, we’ll be back! The blog might look a little different, but we’ll still be here ranting about books with all of you.
Now, on to the wrap-up!
Samantha’s May Wrap-Up
Books and Ratings
- To Love and to Loathe by Martha Waters (Book Club It)
- To Have and to Hoax by Martha Waters (Book Club It)
- The Metabolism Plan by Lyn-Genet Recitas (Book Club It)
- Lady in Waiting by Anne Glenconner (Book Club It)
- Mary Jane by Jessice Anya Blau (Borrow It)
Favourite Book of the Month: To Have and to Hoax by Martha Waters (Book Club It)
Amber’s May Wrap-Up
Books and Ratings
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston (Reread in preparation for One Last Stop) (Own It)
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig (Book Club It)
- Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas (Borrow It)
- Den of Vipers by K.A. Knight (Donate It)
Amber’s Favourite Book of the Month: The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
On the Blog in May
What was your favourite book you read this month? What are some books you’re planning on reading in June? Share your wrap-ups and upcoming TBR posts in the comments below so we can check them out!